[htdig] Multiple databases with various languages.

Subject: [htdig] Multiple databases with various languages.
From: Tony Woodcock (prophetes@sprynet.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 06:07:22 PST

   Hi. I have the Ht://Dig search engine installed on my site and operational for the main database, which happens to be for English. Now, I am in the process of making a database for Greek and Hebrew manuscripts of the Bible. I have already created a second config file for the second database, which will be Greek called htdig2.conf. I have followed all of the information of the Ht://Dig website FAQ, and archives I could find for lines to put in htdig2.conf. When I logged in through Telnet to my host server(where the engine is) and wrote the command, "perl rundig -c /home/godrules/public_html/htdig/conf/htdig2.conf -vvv" in a linux Red Hat environment, I received this error, "DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified." When I looked at some of the data on the screen resulting from the -vvv option, I noticed that it wasn't registering any text from the files it first looked at. Now, I have set all these attributes below:

database_base: ${database_dir}/greek
lang_dir: ${common_dir}/greek
locale: gr_GR

The only thing I haven't done is install the dictionary for greek. Do I need this if I am just having rundig make the list of words without synonyms or prefix suffix endings? Also, the attribute "lang_dir" above was in the Ht://Dig FAQ, but it is not in the Configuration Manual. Does this attribute still exist? Any help would be much appreciated. I have looked at basically all the info on this topic(I think) on the Ht://Dig site.

Thanks,

Tony.