Re: [htdig] Javascript Generated Content

Subject: Re: [htdig] Javascript Generated Content
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 01:08:13 PST

Peter Bisset wrote:

> There is a simple way to do this and it will work for all robots.

> Two benefits -
>
> 1. works for browsers without js
> 2. lets robots index the page
>
> I do exactly this and it works a treat.

This only works for JavaScript navigation, but will have major
disadvantages
(and also not work in all cases) for document contents (which is what
Nguyen
does:
>> my site use Javascript to generate the content (for compat b/c Netscape

If content is created with document.write(), then you'll get quite an
overhead
in the file sizes as they will get twice as big.

cheers,
  Torsten