[htdig] Re: Request for a CGI-based admin interface

Subject: [htdig] Re: Request for a CGI-based admin interface
From: nets@searchtools.com
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 15:22:03 PST

I think this is a *splendid* idea, as I never seem to find the time
to decode htdig config files.

I'd very much like to help out with wording and organization, as I'm
currently reviewing AltaVista Search, Ultraseek, Verity, Site Server
and Excalibur, all of which have some form of browser admin.
Ultraseek's is best, though they don't allow results page
customization. For that, the best options are the remote search
services Atomz and PinPoint.

But please don't design the system so it's always limited to "a few
minimal attributes" -- better to put the structures in place for
providing complete control.

Avi