Re: [htdig] Javascript Generated Content

Subject: Re: [htdig] Javascript Generated Content
From: Peter Bisset (PBISSET@emergency.qld.gov.au)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 14:34:53 PST

There is a simple way to do this and it will work for all robots.

Two benefits -

1. works for browsers without js
2. lets robots index the page

I do exactly this and it works a treat.

Peter Bisset
Finance Business Systems
Ph: 3247 8553 (94553)
Fax: 3247 8560 (94560)

>>> Nguyen Nguyen <nnguyen@cs.umn.edu> 1/12/99 16:23:29 >>>
Hi,

I used htdig a while ago and i think it was great. Now I want to use
htdig on my new site that i have but it seem to have a problem. Most of
my site use Javascript to generate the content (for compat b/c Netscape
and IE)....but when i run htdig...it coudn't get collect any info..I would
like to know if there is anyway to get htdig to go thru JavaScript code
and collect the data?
Thanks,

--
Nguyen, Nguyen Anh		              nnguyen@cs.umn.edu