Re: [htdig] excluding file trees from indexing process

Subject: Re: [htdig] excluding file trees from indexing process
From: Jens Moellenhoff (Jens.Moellenhoff@partner.bmw.de)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 06:25:14 PST

tneuer@inwise.de schrieb:

> As you said, you have no access to the web server itself, but maybe to
> the documents served? In this case you could place your own default
> document in the directory which should then produce the directory lis-
> tings.

But I fear that if I place such a default index.htm in these
directories, the subfolders of these directories won't be indexed,
because they don't appear as links on this index.htm file.
They should not appear in that file by any means, because I don't want
the user to have an overview of the subdirectories, but I want these
subdirectories to be indexed.

As I stated at the beginning of this thread, I want absolutely no search
result showing a directory tree.

Regards,
Jens Moellenhoff