[htdig] Problems with win32 port

Subject: [htdig] Problems with win32 port
From: Peter Bisset (PBISSET@emergency.qld.gov.au)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 17:55:23 PST

I have installed 3.1.0b2 on my NT server and htdig runs fine. I have some PDF documents that I want to index and htdig appears to work correctly. I am using xpdf v0.90 and a slightly modified parse_doc.pl script is attached with mods for win32 if anyone is interested.

Problem 1.

When I run htmerge -s I only get a small (400 or so) number of words listed, but I know that there are a lot more different words than that in just one of the PDF files, let alone all of them. Any pointers to what I am doing wrong.

Problem 2.

If I run htfuzzy -v endings after htmerge it counts to 87500 and then gives me the following:

/bin/mv: not found
/bin/mv: not found
htfuzzy: Done.

The cygwin package is installed and mv works fine, it just doesn't live in /bin! Any clues on how to fix this.

Thanks

Peter Bisset
Finance Business Systems
Ph: 3247 8553 (94553)