Re: [htdig] Htmerge and out of space

Subject: Re: [htdig] Htmerge and out of space
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 12:43:52 PST

According to Wayne Spivak:
> Final analysis - which worked:
> L58
> String command = SORT_PROG;
> // String tmpdir = getenv("TMPDIR");
> String tmpdir = "/usr/tmp";
> if (tmpdir.length())
> {
> command << " -T " << tmpdir;
>
> }
>
> worked like a charm.

Hmm. Doesn't make much sense to me. If your fix above works for you,
then your sort program must already support the -T option. If so, then
setting the TMPDIR environment variable before calling the unpatched
htmerge should have worked. I suspect you weren't setting it correctly,
or were setting it too early in rundig and it was being overridden later.

If you're using rundig, you should find the lines that read:

TMPDIR=$DBDIR
export TMPDIR

and change $DBDIR to /usr/tmp in the assignment to TMPDIR. If you're
using another shell script, that's the syntax you should use there to
set the environment variable.