Re: [htdig] excluding file trees from indexing process

Subject: Re: [htdig] excluding file trees from indexing process
From: Jens Moellenhoff (
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 07:36:18 PST schrieb:

> Two other approaches:
> 1) Turn off Fancy Indexing, if you don't need it. I would think it is most
> helpful to folks editing sites, for a production site it shouldn't be
> needed.

Pardon me asking, but what exactly is "fancy indexing"? I haven't found
any definition of this term on

I can only guess that fancy indexing means the indexing of only a
certain area on a server. I have to use that, because I do not want to
index a whole server... so I cannot turn that off.

The second alternative you mentioned (seperate virtual host) doesn't
work with me neither.

Kind regards,
Jens Moellenhoff