Re: [htdig] Features of HtDig

Subject: Re: [htdig] Features of HtDig
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 10:57:27 PST

At 1:44 PM -0500 11/29/99, Brett Hansen wrote:
>1) From my understanding (from a message in the mailing list in 1998) Htdig
>cannot do a "Proximity Search". Is this true? Has this feature been added
>in the
>past year?

It has been added in the development tree, which is nearing a beta release.

>2) Does Htdig support "Stop Words", or as I understand: When Htdig hits a
>word in a stop
>word list it will stop indexing the individual page.

Not to that extent. I've mostly heard the terms "stop words" to refer
to words that should be ignored from searches or indexing. It does
this. See <http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#bad_words_list>

>3) Does Htdig support the ability to Limit it indexing/searches by date, or
>age of a document?

Not in a tested, released form. Mike Grommet hacked together
something for this and posted it to the list (it may have been
htdig3-dev). This will be merged into the development tree after the
first beta release.

Yup. Recent versions have this. See <http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#sort>