[htdig] Reducing the importance of pages.

Subject: [htdig] Reducing the importance of pages.
From: Jason Carvalho (J.Carvalho@Cranfield.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 02:24:35 PST

Is it possible to reduce the importance of certain pages? We have
some pages on our site that are directories and contain thousands of
entries. As a result they always seem to come up as top results
whenever we search for anything. I don't really want to remove these
pages from a search but I would like them tol appear lower down the
list. Is this at all possible (perhaps by using negative weighting or
similar?)?

Thanks!