Re: [htdig] System specifications

Subject: Re: [htdig] System specifications
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 21:52:56 PST

At 9:58 AM +0530 11/25/99, Udaya Bhasker wrote:
> Our system is a Linux server (Version 6.1) with Apache server
>running on it .We want a search engine that collects all the
>relevant documents and files which matches the given query from ours
>server.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Linux server version 6.1." What
distribution are you referring to? SuSE? RedHat? Mandrake?

Many distributions have precompiled binaries available.

>So could You people Please help us to solve the entries to be made
>in the CONFIG file.

It would help a lot if you could let us know what distribution you're
using, as well as the CONFIG file entries you used. Also, you don't
mention running "rundig" which is usually the first thing you should
use to index the appropriate site.