Re: [htdig] htdig 3.1.3 freezes

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig 3.1.3 freezes
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 10:12:06 PST

At 7:04 PM +0100 11/24/99, Marcus Ertl wrote:
>Hi!
> I have installed htdig 3.1.3 last night, and now I try to dig a new
>database. But it always freezes on some pages. For example on
>http://www.dilettanten.de/welt/haduloa.htm ... why? what can I do
>against this?

Taking a look at the page, I think it's probably a problem with the link to:
http://service.kundenserver.de/cgi-bin/guestbook/guestbook.cgi?action=
display&gb_domain=dilettanten.de&gb_id=1

I'm surprised it's *freezing*, but there is a known bug with parsing
URLs of this form in 3.1.3. Try this patch:

http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/other/htdig-3.1.3-urlparmbug.patch