Re: [htdig] Does Htdig do regex?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Does Htdig do regex?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 15:00:54 PST

At 11:21 AM +1300 11/22/99, Jason Haar wrote:
>However, one 'gotcha'. I thought I'd have to run htfuzzy to "teach it" about
>prefix - it returned:
>
>htfuzzy: 'prefix' is not a supported algorithm

You only have to run htfuzzy to generate supporting databases for
fuzzy algorithms that require them. Some algorithms, like prefix and
substring, work directly on the word database. If you want to think
about it, these work "on the fly"

>So am I right in saying prefix is really part of endings - perhaps the

No, prefix is not part of endings. It does prefix matching against
the word database. Endings is based on the grammatical rules for a
language as defined by the ispell affix rules.

For example, prefix would match "transportation" from "trans*" though
"portation" isn't a typical English ending.