Re: AW: [htdig] irrelevant pages in search

Subject: Re: AW: [htdig] irrelevant pages in search
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 07:43:33 PST

At 1:50 PM +0100 11/19/99, Hartmut Steffin wrote:
>I have the same problem on our intranet site. it reaches a level of
>unreliability that the whole search is useless. there must be a principle
>error. the only errors in the log i have are about not being able to index

I'm not sure what you mean by "reaches a level." Do you mean that it
gradually grows worse?

>Is there a connection between error in pdf-files and messing up the

No. As previously mentioned, your problem with PDF files is probably
due to having max_doc_size set too low. Try setting it to something
comfortably above the largest PDF file size.

You'll receive a message confirming the unsubscription.