[htdig] Htsearch generates error.

Subject: [htdig] Htsearch generates error.
From: Sharudin Bin Othman (SBO@mail.apecsec.org.sg)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 17:07:46 PST

Hi,
   I've successfully install the HTDig search on my website. But it didn't
work. I've even succesfully created the database. When I submit my query to
htsearch in the cgi-bin directory, I get this error msg:

Internal Server Error
to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

More information about this erxror may be available in the server error log.

The webserver's error log says:
[Thu Nov ....][error] Unrecognized character \177 at
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/htsearch line 1

Attached, pls find the htsearch that's in my webserver's cgi-bin. I noticed
that the htsearch is a binary, and not a cgi program. Is it supposed to be
so?

I'm running the Apache web server on Redhat 6.1 (x86 machine).

Thank you for your help.

Sharudin
Webmaster
APEC Secretariat