Re: [htdig] desiderata

Subject: Re: [htdig] desiderata
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 08:00:09 PST

At 3:06 PM +0100 11/18/99, Giancarlo wrote:
>-have max_hop_count default to 0
> I think having default 99999 can cause undesired endless digs
> if you misconfigure the start_url/limit_url_to pair

Well setting this to 0 won't help with a misconfigured limit_url_to
attribute...
Beyond that, I think most people from the start use ht://Dig to index
one webserver. So the defaults for max_hop_count, start_url and
limit_url_to reflect this. Since it's easy enough to change
max_hop_count through the config file or the -h flag to htdig, I
don't see why it's such a big deal. Would it help to have several
example config files?

>-have -vv or -vvv print out all the options in effect

Do you mean you want it to print out all the attributes?

>-the much suahited * to select all

It's obviously on the list. I don't know if it will make it into
3.2.0b1, but it will definitely be in the final 3.2.0 release.