Re: [htdig] doclist+whatsnew

Subject: Re: [htdig] doclist+whatsnew
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 13 1999 - 17:42:15 PST

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Giancarlo wrote:

> someone some time ago suggested that there could exist a '*' word
> search, which will 'catch two birds with one bean', as a sort by date
> would give a 'whatsnew' list as well...

It wouldn't be a difficult feature to add IMHO. But there are two
problems:
1) There's a feature-freeze for 3.2.0b1 so we can get it out the door in a
reasonable time-frame. (It's already much-delayed.)
2) I was never sure what the preferred syntax would be for that query.
Does "*" make intuitive sense?