[htdig] perl contribs

Subject: [htdig] perl contribs
From: Giancarlo (ping@alt.it)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 04:17:41 PST

Hi.

I see that some of the perl contribs (whatsnew, doclist etc) don't work.
I've tried to fiddle around with them but I suspect there must be
something changed in the $what list ($what= what a record is; eg an url,
a title
etc)
The way they are, it needs to catch all possible 'whats' to get to the
record end. I went into the C source trying to find a full list/struct
of 'whats', but I am not keen with C, and couldn't find it.

I could easily fix the scripts once I got the actual 'whats' list. Where
are they defined?

I see also that the urls, as returned by these scripts, have the
'common_url_parts' (and maybe other parts too?) in them still
compressed. Are they simply packed strings? Should the script match them
against a hash that represents the 'common_url_parts'?

Gian

PS
I couldn'd have it work with the GDBM_File perl module. It works instead
with BerkleyDB...