[htdig] Hop count > 2 loops

Subject: [htdig] Hop count > 2 loops
From: David Wall (dwall@myEastside.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 16:06:00 PST

I have htdig 3.1.3 running on Redhat Linux 6.0/Intel. In my config file, the rundig script runs okay when I specify a hop count of 1 and 2, but once I set it to 3 (or leave it out entirely), it just runs forever, seemingly requesting the same pages over and over, though not in a tight loop. I know that the URLs on our site are full of circular paths, but I figured it would reject all URLs that it had already visited, yet that's not the case I'm seeing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
David

David A. E. Wall