Re: [htdig] META information

Subject: Re: [htdig] META information
From: Torsten Neuer (
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 04:18:09 PST

Jason Carvalho wrote:
> The documentation on the HtDig website suggests that only the
> following META properties are recognised.
> htdig-keywords
> htdig-noindex
> htdig-email
> htdig-notification-date
> htdig-email-subject
> robots
> description
> Does that mean that
> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="telephone directory">
> will be useless? This may mean having to change all of my existing
> documents.

No. By default, Ht://Dig will recognize "keywords" as well as
"htdig-keywords". The idea behind the more private "htdig-keywords"
tag is to provide more information for the site itself, since most
Internet robots cannot cope with huge "keywords" strings - but Ht://Dig
can. Thus you are able to reduce "keywords" to a size that is suitable
for most Internet robots and still have less important keywords recog-
nized by Ht://Dig using "htdig-keywords".

Depending on your configuration file, Ht://Dig will also recognize
other "keywords"-style tags, such as "DC.Subject".

E-Mail:            Internet: