[htdig] META name="robots"

Subject: [htdig] META name="robots"
From: David Adams (D.J.Adams@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 03:28:17 PST

I am using ht://Dig version 3.1.2 and I have been trying to prevent
some sets of pages from being indexed by inserting in the head of
certain index pages:

<META NAME="robots" CONTENT="noindex, nofollow">

This only seemed to work in one case and not in others. In the one case
where it _did_ work I found I had written:

<META NAME="robots" CONTENTS="noindex, nofollow">

Can anyone independently confirm or deny this? I would be happy
to learn I am mistaken and that ht://Dig does conform to the HTML
standard for META.

--

David J Adams
<D.J.Adams@soton.ac.uk>