Re: [htdig] HTDIG install problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] HTDIG install problem
From: Jim Cole (
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 13:47:06 PST

Patrick Meehan's bits of Sun, 7 Nov 1999 translated to:

> A mail to the people supporting the server said
> "I've taken a look at both the code and the site. Our installation of BSD
> seems to be missing a library that htdig wants in order to compile
> properly. The library is c_r. I do not know what library this is.

The library (libc_r.a/so) in question is the reentrant version of libc. I
don't think this library became part of FreeBSD until 3.x, so you might be
dealing with a relatively old version of BSD. If you do a search for libc_r
on the HtDig site, you will fine some other messages discussing this

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.