Re: [htdig] limiting indexing to certain cgi pages only

Subject: Re: [htdig] limiting indexing to certain cgi pages only
From: Jerry Preeper (preeper@cts.com)
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 09:51:51 PST

When I run htdig from the command line, like this:
/htdig -a -c /www/foo/htdig/conf/htdig2.conf -i -vvv -s
I get the following in the (abbreviated) output for all the links on the
page I have used as the start url

A tag: pos = 2, position = ="/cgi-bin/showstory.cgi?story_id=1">
href: http://www.foo.com/cgi-bin/showstory.cgi (Our constant ally)
url rejected: (level 1)http://www.foo.com/cgi-bin/showstory.cgi

In the conf file I have the following:
local_urls: http://www.foo.com/=/www/foo/htdocs/
start_url: http://www.foo.com/links.html #the page with all the links
on it
limit_urls_to: http://www.foo.com/cgi-bin/
exclude_urls:

I'm using version 3.1.0b1 I believe.

Jerry

At 3:21 AM -0800 11/6/99, Jerry Preeper wrote:
>Whenever I run htdig though, I only get the following:
>/rundig2 -vvv

  It would probably be easier for us if you ran htdig directly with
  -vvv or -vvvv. What version are you using?

  Your configuration *looks* correctly, but it's hard to say without
  seeing the debugging output.