[htdig] Re: SPAM (was hey wassup HtDIG ;))

Subject: [htdig] Re: SPAM (was hey wassup HtDIG ;))
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 17:27:51 PST

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Derek E Mart wrote:

> I forwarded this message to abuse@hotmail.com, I hope that ht://dig list admin
> will take action as well. Perhaps some taboo body regexps (containing words
> like, Sex and so forth) are in order.

I hate to sound negative, but you'll have to accept some small amount of
SPAM to rain on the parade. The alternative is to only allow posts from
subscribers, something that I'm not inclined to do. Personally, I think
there's a lot less spam than on, say, the gcc developer list.

As for regexp, I'll take it under consideration, but in practical
experience, they don't work as well as you'd like.