Re: [htdig] Multiple merging

Subject: Re: [htdig] Multiple merging
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 10:13:43 PST

According to Andrea Carpani:
> I have to merge the sites separately because I need to be able to know the
> "originator" url when I have a hit: the idea is that htdig uses the <url_list>
> attribute so that I get a list of "derived" urls from eache "originator" url. I
> then merge all these small db's together. Is there an easiest way to trace back
> the originating url from the hit ?

I don't know for sure, but I'd think a better way to accomplish this,
if I understand you correctly, would be to htdig all the pages all at
once in one run, and do some post-processing on the "htdig -vv" output
to track all the hrefs found in each document. I may have misunderstood
your goal, though.