[htdig] EXCERPT values.. alterations to

Subject: [htdig] EXCERPT values.. alterations to
From: Philip Coates (philc@noho.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 05:21:08 PST

All,

Thanks for your help in response to previous queries. I wondered if anyone
might have any ideas about this one:

The requirement is to return an excerpt which is basically just the top few
lines of the document, with no special reference to any of the search words,
unless they just happen to be there. At the moment I get "(None of the
search words were found at the top of this document)" which may well be
true, but we don't really care if they are or not. Is there any way of doing
this without just parsing the HTML document to get the text we want?

TIA,

Phil.

NoHo Digital
Floor 2, Canberra House