[htdig] htmerge behind a firewall

Subject: [htdig] htmerge behind a firewall
From: Dan Hewins (hewins@synsolutions.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 13:03:32 PST

I have a server that's behind a firewall and I am having trouble
getting the rundig script to work properly. We have NAT working for
the server to translate a real-world IP to the behind-the-firewall
IP. The problem is that if I make the start URL the name of my
domain, the web server can't find that IP becuase it's an outside IP
address. If I make the start url something like
http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx/ then all the results from a user search have
that IP as the url and that doesn't work for outside connections. I
have looked at the configuration pages on the htdig.org website and
found the "url_part_aliases" command. Will this help my situation?

something like:

url_part_aliases: http://www.synsolutions.com/ *site

url_part_aliases: http://192.168.10.98/ *site

???

I don't really know what to do here.

What I need to have happen is htmerge search the
http://192.168.10.98/ site but put the http://www.synsolutions.com/
addresses into the database. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Dan Hewins
Synergy Solutions, Inc.