Re: [htdig] Replace Rules/FTS

Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:30:21 -0600 (CST)

According to BarracoodA:
> Couldn't find any syntax to do this. Any ideas?
> Sorry if I missed it, I tried almost every config
> option.
>
> Here's a simple example:
>
> Trying to index
> "http://www.server1.com/some_directory/some_directory"
> and replace this string with "http://www.server2.com/"

Did you try this one?

        http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#url_part_aliases

Note that you'll need separate config files for digging and searching,
with a different setting of url_part_aliases in each.

> Also trying to do a full text search of our database
> via http since our database doesn't do fts:
>
> http://www.server1.com/bugs_form.cgi?bugnumber=1
> http://www.server1.com/bugs_form.cgi?bugnumber=2
> http://www.server1.com/bugs_form.cgi?bugnumber=5000

You probably need to override the default value of exclude_urls, which
excludes .cgi files.

> Either way will solve the same problem.

Take your pick!