Re: [htdig] 04:30 am?

Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:40:56 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, peter karlsson wrote:

> Is there something special about htmerge and 04:30 AM?

Nope.

> 04:30AM. I find it very strange that it should take so much longer time just
> because being started manually...

I find runs during the day take longer because less processor time is
available and the server is not as responsive (network issues). So I don't
find the longer time in and of itself strange.

> I am root at one of the machine (the one that overflowed), and it does not
> run anything at 04:30AM that I can find. And that machine is running Sun
> Solaris, while the other one is running Debian GNU/Linux...

I would obviously wonder about cron jobs or other process-killers. Does
someone log-on at 4:30AM? Is there a power fluctuation? Beyond cron, what
about 'at' or just a sleeping process daemon?

Just some thoughts.