Re: [htdig] number of matches reported in results page

Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:48:04 -0600 (CST)

According to Bernard T. Higonnet:

> Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > In general, variables with names in capitals are template variables,
> > explained in http://www.htdig.org/hts_templates.html, while variables
> > with names in lower case are configuration attributes, explained in
> > http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html, and settable in htdig.conf. Template
> > variables are not settable
>
> I'm a difficult character I guess! And often puzzled. At this moment I'm
> puzzled by variables (sic) I can't set. If I can't set them, why tell me
> about them? Why trouble innocent minds?

You can't set them yourself, but they're still variables because their
content varies based on how htsearch sets them. The point of telling
people about them is so they'll know how and where to USE them. I guess
I should have said "template variables are on USER-settable."

> > By the way, I'm sorry you felt like we beat you up on the whole db.docdb
> > zapping program issue.
>
> No problem. What I was alluding to about being beaten up (and I wasn't
> the slightest bit upset because I deserved it) was not knowing where the
> mailing list archives were. As far as the French accents stuff is
> concerned, I thought I won that one. :)

No one's keeping score here, but I'm quite sure Geoff had the last word
on that issue. :)