[htdig] number of matches reported in results page

Bernard T. Higonnet (higonnet@world.std.com)
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 22:19:53 -0500

Hello,

I'm going to get beat up again for not having found this info...

I want to chagne the number of matches reported per page of htsearch
output.

It is my belief that I should be able to do this by setting MAX_MATCHES.
So far so good.

What I don't know, and haven't been able to find is how and where do I
set this?

I am told in the description of search_results_footer and
search_results_header that MAX_MATCHES is one of the variables which
will be expanded.

but MAX_MATCHES is not set inhtdig.conf apparently since there is no
entry for it in the file doc. I'm told it behaves like a Bourne shell
variable...??

Could someone please tell me where to set this?

And to complete my shame, can someone tell where the information I seek
is described?

Many thanks

--
Bernard T. Higonnet