Re: [htdig] htdig and fuzzy search

Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:03:35 -0600 (CST)

According to douglas mccallum:
> My question this time is when you run htfuzzy for
> Soundex or Metaphone you get the error -
>
> "unable to open word database no such file or directory".
> db.words.db does exist, and i assume thats what it is looking for.
>
> Synonyms and Endings are ok
> any idea what might be causing this problem ?

The soundex and metaphone algorithms require special databases, which
must be regenerated whenever you re-index. The rundig script does not
do this by default - the commands are there but they're commented out
in the default rundig script. You need to run "htfuzzy soundex" and
"htfuzzy metaphone" each and every time after running htdig and htmerge,
to have up to date soundex and metaphone databases for these search
algorithms.