Re: [htdig] One possible solution for french accents support

Geoff Hutchison (
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:47:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> The best approach, though, would be to define a new "accent" fuzzy match
> algorithm, which, when given a word, would search the word database
> for all accented and unaccented equivalents. The main engine of this
> would be very much like the current htfuzzy/ algorithm.
> It would be more work, but you'd have something that would be selectable
> by the search_algorithm config attribute, and would fit in well with
> the existing code.

I would agree completely with Gilles on this, though I'll point out in the
3.2 development code, the closest match to this idea would be the
htfuzzy/ algorithm, which looks up various modifications of the
word in the word database.

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.