Re: [htdig] newbie question on ignoring words in search string

Gilles Detillieux (
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:56:51 -0500 (CDT)

According to Dave Golden:
> I am a newbie to htdig and trying to figure out what is probably a pretty
> simple problem.
> We are using htdig with what I believe are pretty much the defaults. We do
> not index 2 letter words however if a search is entered containing a 1 or 2
> letter word then the entire search is ignored rather than just ignoring the
> words that it cannot search.

What version are you running? I have not seen that behaviour in 3.1.3
nor 3.1.2, and I don't recall any changes in the 3.1 release series that
would have changed the way it deals with lookups of small or bad words,
other than no longer highlighting them.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: