Re: [htdig] newbie question on ignoring words in search string

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:56:51 -0500 (CDT)

According to Dave Golden:
> I am a newbie to htdig and trying to figure out what is probably a pretty
> simple problem.
> We are using htdig with what I believe are pretty much the defaults. We do
> not index 2 letter words however if a search is entered containing a 1 or 2
> letter word then the entire search is ignored rather than just ignoring the
> words that it cannot search.

What version are you running? I have not seen that behaviour in 3.1.3
nor 3.1.2, and I don't recall any changes in the 3.1 release series that
would have changed the way it deals with lookups of small or bad words,
other than no longer highlighting them.