Re: [htdig] @IMAGEDIR@ questions

Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:17:36 -0500 (CDT)

According to Keith.Christian@tais.toshiba.com:
> Yesterday I installed the latest version of ht://Dig on a Red Hat 6.0 system and
> it works great but I have two questions:
>
> 1. All image links are broken. I don't want to manually insert the tags in the
> HTML, preferring to let @IMAGEDIR@ & co. do its job. I moved the images to
> /home/httpd/icons. The specification --with-image-dir didn't seem to work, note
> the htdig.conf file below still put icon references in /htdig/
>
> 2. Where are the "run time" variables @IMAGEDIR@ stored? Didn't find them in
> htdig.conf........where are they?

Unfortunately, it's not a run-time option, but a compile-time option
that's the culprit here, and in 3.1.x it's not settable by options
to ./configure. You'd need to edit the CONFIG file after running
/configure, or CONFIG.in beforehand, and change the value of
IMAGE_URL_PREFIX. Then you need to rebuild and reinstall everything.

The other option is to stick with the installation you have now,
but you'll need to edit any references to /htdig in htdig.conf
(usually found in next_page_text, prev_page_text, page_number_text
and no_page_number_text) and in common/*.html (img tags for star.gif
and htdig.gif), as well as define the attribute image_url_prefix in
htdig.conf.