[htdig] Comparisons with SWISH++

Philip Coates (philc@noho.co.uk)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:35:37 +0100

Does anyone know of any benchmark tests comparing performance and
functionality of SWISH++ vs ht://Dig?

I only ask because a client has mentioned SWISH++ as a possible alternative.
I guess that from the Web stats (I have heard very little mention of SWISH++
in the outside world) there is the suggestion that it's a tool of choice. I
had a look at it and it didn't seem to be terribly well documented (yeah,
source-code documentation, but I want to USE the product, not mess around
inside its code...). Just wondered really whether anyone had any OBJECTIVE
comments they could add, or perhaps knew of somewhere I could maybe find out
some of this?

Regards,

Phil Coates.

NoHo Digital