Re: [htdig] Compression in FreeBSD

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 23:41:15 -0500

At 2:45 PM -0400 10/27/99, Alok K. Dhir wrote:
>Any ideas? I'd be glad to try to debug this if anyone can tell me where
>to start looking...

Well, to start out with, ht://Dig doesn't do any compression code
itself. It checks for, and uses, the zlib compression library. I
assume you have it if you're trying to use compression. (If not,
there's a configure script error--it shouldn't let you use
compression without the library.)

I think the zlib source comes with some test programs, but it's been
a few months since I compiled it. Barring that, I guess I'd have to
think if there are any small programs that use the zlib code--just to
make sure it's working right.