Re: [htdig] Exact searches ... how?

Geoff Hutchison (
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:55:17 -0500

>to true, but even so, it'll only index numbers of 3 or more digits
>(minimum_word_length), and not single digits. Maybe someone who's
>working on the phrase matching modifications can comment?

Since I wrote the code, I guess that means me...

I'm not certain how the 3:2 would be treated, but Gilles is right
that individual numbers wouldn't be indexed, even with allow_numbers
set to true.

However, since '3:2' is the shortest example you'll have and this is
three characters, this would probably work under phrase searching if
you set the following:

extra_word_characters: ":"
allow_numbers: true

This would obviously be an interesting test...

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.