[htdig] htdig crashing TOP and other telnet sessions?

IpSo (ipso@home.com)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:40:21 -0700

Im trying to install HTDig to database a website which requires a
login/password first, then it takes you to a disclaimer which uses a cgi
script to finally move you on to the website.

www.mysite.com/ <--- asks for password
www.mysite.com/index.htm <--- disclaimer with cgi "I agree" Button.
www.mysite.com/default.htm <--- web sites front page.

in my configuration file I have:

start_url: http://www.mysite.com/default.htm
start_url: http://www.mysite.com/
local_urls: http://www.mysite.com/=/web/aolweb/
local_user_urls: http://www.mysite.com/=/web/

when I run: htdig -vvv -i -s -u login:password I get the following:

         1:0:http://www.mysite.com/
New server: www.mysite.com, 80
Retrieval command for http://www.mysite.com/robots.txt: GET /robots.txt
HTTP/1.0
Host: www.mysite.com

Header line: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
Header line: Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:35:34 GMT
Header line: Server: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) (Red Hat/Linux)
Header line: WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="members"
Header line: Connection: close
Header line: Content-Type: text/html
Header line:
returnStatus = 5
  pushed

In another terminal, if Im running top I get this error:

top: ../sysdeps/generic/utmp_file.c:432: endutent_file: Assertion
`file_fd >= 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

It seems as though it is working, htdig uses 99% cpu etc, and runs for
about 30seconds before top crashes with the above error and eventually
brings down my whole systems. (Running Redhat6.1)

Also, Im not sure, but it seems everytime I run HTDig with another telnet
session logged in to the machine at the same time, the second session
always gets disconnected, and wont let me login until I "ctrl+c" htdig.
Really weird.