RE: [htdig] Frame problems!

Maxwell MacLeod (
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:34:13 +0100

Blast from the past! Hi Geoff,
this still seems to index the page. Check it out.....

Enter some text from the left menu, and although this frame has the tags, it has still been indexed throughout.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Hutchison []
Sent: 19 October 1999 17:22
To: Max
Subject: Re: [htdig] Frame problems!

At 2:23 PM +0100 10/19/99, Max wrote:
>site. This means that it's indexing nothing as my links are in the frame
>page that I've marked noindex.

If you've used the <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> form in
your frame, it *will* follow links (since the "nofolow" directive
wasn't given) If you've just marked them with <noindex> tags, it wil
completely ignore the page.

Are your links normal HTML links?

>Is there anyway just to have htdig index files in the file system?

Not really.

To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to containing the single word unsubscribe in
the SUBJECT of the message.