[htdig] Re: [Mailman-Users] htdig+mailman

Igor S. Livshits (igorl@life.uiuc.edu)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:46:15 -0500

At 1:18 PM +1000 on 10/27/99, Bek Oberin wrote:
>I'm trying to get ht://dig to index my mailman private archives.
>The relavant bits of the config file are this:
>
>===
>start_url: http://netizen.com.au/mailman/private/
>local_urls:
>http://netizen.com.au/mailman/private/=/var/lib/mailman/archives/priva
>te/
>limit_urls_to: ${start_url}
>exclude_urls: /cgi-bin/ \
> mbox

What does your /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/ directory contain?
Just your archive directories? I suspect that ht://Dig requires at
least an index page or such to start its recursion.

I usually index each list's directory separately, and these
individual directories contain the index.html file which ht://Dig
knows to grab when its argument is a directory...

I suppose you can leave a dummy index.html file in your
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/ directory and have it contain
links to all your individual list directories.

Good luck, Igor