Re: [htdig] Leading reasons for htdig not finding known matches?

Gilles Detillieux (
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:26:41 -0500 (CDT)

According to David Adams:
> 4) You have hit a bug in htdig 3.1.2 which results in punctuation
> in the page head not being stripped out. If you have, for example:
> <Title>"Champion" says Ray!</title>
> This may cause the "words":
> "champion"
> says
> ray!
> to be indexed.
> Can anyone positively confirm that that bug is fixed in 3.1.3 ?

As far as I recall, there was no problem with punctuation in titles
causing contamination of words in the database. Back in 3.1.0,
punctuation in titles could contaminate the excerpt, but not the database.
I believe this problem of punctuation getting into words is limited to
meta descriptions. If this is the problem you're thinking of, then no,
it has not been fixed yet.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: