Re: [htdig] Leading reasons for htdig not finding known matches?

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:26:41 -0500 (CDT)

According to David Adams:
> 4) You have hit a bug in htdig 3.1.2 which results in punctuation
> in the page head not being stripped out. If you have, for example:
>
> <Title>"Champion" says Ray!</title>
>
> This may cause the "words":
>
> "champion"
> says
> ray!
>
> to be indexed.
>

> Can anyone positively confirm that that bug is fixed in 3.1.3 ?

As far as I recall, there was no problem with punctuation in titles
causing contamination of words in the database. Back in 3.1.0,
punctuation in titles could contaminate the excerpt, but not the database.
I believe this problem of punctuation getting into words is limited to
meta descriptions. If this is the problem you're thinking of, then no,
it has not been fixed yet.