[htdig] Search question

Wolfgang Schneider (schneider@bibelcenter.de)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:01:54 +0200

Hello all,

    I'm a new user of the htdig search function and am using it
on a christian website where a documents like bible studies etc
are to be found.

    The basic setup of everything seems fine and working, but now
an interesting question came up as I was unable to search for a
biblical reference, such as for example "Romans 3:2".

    The results are not necessarily for the exact phrase "Romans
3:2" but rather for "Romans" and "3:2", it seems ... Included in
the results are documents which do not include "Romans 3:2" but
other references to either "Romans" or else also to "Romans
3:24", etc.

    Does anyone have an idea if and how I can modify something in
my setup perhaps so exact searches like this work? (putting the
phrase into " " did not help either) ...

    I'd appreciate any help someone might have on this. Thank
you.

God bless you with His grace and peace
Wolfgang

-- BibelCenter: http://www.bibelcenter.de/ - "Come and See!"