Re: [htdig] Wrapper script for htsearch

Aaron Turner (aturner@linuxkb.org)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:06:51 -0700 (PDT)

First, thanks for the hint about the patch for 3.1.3 & url params.
Worked like a charm. I'm interested in your mention of patch to allow
htsearch to take the search string & format in the command line to avoid
the cost of an additional fork() of the shell when wrapping htsearch. I
searched and searched and could not find such a patch (it wasn't in your
php wrapper class and I looked in the list archives).

If anyone has a patch for htsearch to allow it to take all params in the
command line so it can be executed by a single command *please* send it to
me or the list! Otherwise, it's on my list to do, and I'll post it in a
few weeks when I get to it.

--
Aaron Turner, Core Developer       http://vodka.linuxkb.org/~aturner/
Linux Knowledge Base Organization  http://linuxkb.org/