Re: [htdig] htdig indexing using local_url question

Stephen Yeoh (syeoh@phor.com)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:56:56 -0400 (EDT)

Gilles,

Thank you for the response.

Even if htdig does not like the https, I'm surprised that it did not parse
the remaining html files in the specified directory. Can you explain why
that is not happening?

> From: Gilles Detillieux <grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca>
>
> Currently, htdig will not support URLs that begin with https://, even when
> using local_urls to bypass the server. A trick that might work would be
> to index using http:// instead, but use local_urls to point to the
directory
> that contains the contents of the secure server. You'd need to use
separate
> configuration files for digging and searching, and use url_part_aliases in
> each of these configuration files to rewrite the http:// into https:// in
the
> search results.
>
> --
> Spinal Cord Research Centre WWW:
http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil

Stephen

Stephen Yeoh, MCSE, MQSeries 716-633-3463 x223
Web Solutions Integrator
mailto:syeoh@phor.com
http://www.phor.com