[htdig] Wrapper script for htsearch

Philip Coates (philc@noho.co.uk)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:19:04 +0100

I'm having some problems with wrappers for htsearch too. I want to build a
PHP wrapper object that reads in the keywords selected by the user to
assemble a single keywords string (keywords=x+y+z) and then pass that to
htsearch and read the results by creating a new script which parses those
results and puts them into the format we require.

To test this sort of functionality I used a wrapper script similar to that
published to this list:

#!/bin/sh
QUERY_STRING="config=phil3&keywords=northamerica&format=long&words=sample"
REQUEST_METHOD=POST
export QUERY_STRING REQEST_METHOD
/home/www/cgibin/htsearch -vv

All I get from this is a prompt for "words" and "format" as usual when run
from the command line. Trying a similar approach to the above, but with the
QUERY_STRING removed "cat $1 | /path/htsearch etc." still doesn't produce
anything useful.

What I'd like to do ultimately is call a method in my PHP wrapper class
(something like wrapper->htsearch($type,$searchwords)) to make a call to
htsearch with some given parameters... Is this possible or am I mad for even
contemplating it?

Thanks in advance,

Phil Coates

NoHo Digital