Re: [htdig] Problem with local fulltext help search in SuSe 6.2

Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:36:29 -0500

>I am using SuSe 6.2. I was trying to implement full text search of the
>local help database using htdig, as described in the SuSe 6.2 manual pgs
>326/328, and in the file /usr/doc/packages/dochost/README.SuSE. However, I
>failed. I am not sure what the problem is, but it is certainly connected
>to networking issues that I don't understand.
>
>127.0.0.1 localhost
>127.0.0.2 Chrestomanci.home.earth Chrestomanci
>
>Can anyone help me? I've been going mad over here, and have spent way too much
>time on this! If you need further information, please let me know.

It really does sound like a networking issue. I would guess the
problem is that the hostname you input does not resolve correctly.

Since many of the files and varaibles you mention sound specific to
SuSE, you'll probably be better off asking questions in an SuSE
forum, or at least a more general Linux-help forum.

Sorry I can't be of more help,