[htdig] locale:fr_FR, * and ( )

Alain Zürcher (az@chanteur.net)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:14:38 +0200

I cannot use "*" to indicate that I want to search on any word ending. My
locale is fr_FR, is that a possible reason?

I have tested with several special characters that did not work either.
Finally, I have found that "..." works. BUt I would prefer to be able to use
the standard "*". Is there a way to use it with locale=fr_FR?

Also, I am surprised that ( ) are not accepted in a boolean expression, but
[ ] are. Is this as it should be? Or is this also because of the fr_FR
locale?
TIA!