Re: [htdig] Frame problems!

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:52:19 +0200

Max wrote:

> hi Andy,
> thanks for responding to me. The prob is though that I can't have any links on
> the "content" page, only on the menus at the side frame.
>
> I wonder if there's a way to have a hidden link or something that htdig sees but
> not the user. Still not an ideal solution though.

Solution 1 -
Create an URL list with all pages to be indexed and feed them to
the start_url directive in your configuration file.

Solution 2 -
Use the HTML 4.0 <LINK> tags with proper attributes (e.g. set up
some kind of a sitemap, which is spidered through <LINK CONTENTS>).
There are _some_ clients out there which support the <LINK> tags,
so a couple of users (e.g. those who are using Lynx and curse your
site for not being user-friendly) will see this, too (and those
will probably be happy to have this alternative).

hth,
  Torsten