Re: [htdig] Always 'No matches were found'

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 15:12:46 -0500

>What are the common causes for this type of error? Have I missed a step
>somewhere?

First off, you shouldn't need to run htmerge after rundig.

But I'd suggest running the programs with more debugging output. For
example, what's the result when you run 'htdig -vvv'?

A frequent problem is that the machine doing the indexing cannot
connect to the host, so no pages are indexed.